Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Jay Porks Experience (Podcast Edition) Episode Seven : "Pearl Slam"

We're back with another podcast this week here at the Jay Porks Experience. This week, my hatred for the band known as Pearl Jam is revealed. Before listening I want everyone to take into consideration that this was recorded BEFORE Pearl Jam week on Fallon was announced. Could only imagine my delight to find out that that was happening, not that I watch Jimmy Fallon anyway, but taking over my  life via social media and television is something the band has become good at.


Yes, this picture above is stupid. It's what comes from LA Weekly, complete and utter nonsense. But you'd be surprised how hard it is to find a suitable picture searching the terms "Pearl Jam Sucks". What can I say, you people have taken over the internet. But before you people run to the people I try and write for on the internet and try and have me fired, think about this for a second: I hate this band. I'm not telling you to hate this band. I have an opinion, I'm not telling you how to think or what your opinion should be. If you're so offended by my statements (which I see no reason for you to be), I invite you onto my podcast to talk about it. I'll google instructions on how to use this program to patch in people on Skype and we'll have a chat. I wanted to begin having guests anyway.



The second rant in this week's podcast comes thanks to the National Football League who are doing a wonderful job covering up a growing problem in their sport, that'd be CTE (or Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy). I am not claiming to be smart enough to explain all the nooks and crannies to the laymen, because that's exactly what I am. I'm just a guy who watched a documentary, and I think it'd be best if everyone who is a fan of having Sunday's be a day full of laziness and beer to take a look at it. You can head over to PBS Frontline to watch the documentary by clicking here

Back to the Meat Puppets, I'm still in awe of the Backwater > Sloop John B >Open Wide > Cathy's Clown > Lake Of Fire mind explosion the boys dumped on us back at the Brooklyn Bowl on October 12th. I've got a place you can go to get tons of video (TONS of video for the visual learner), awesome photos and if you like to read, words too. That place is only Concert Confessions: Live Music News And Reviews For The Fans, BY The Fans. Click Here to check that out

Tapes:
Follow me on Instagram @JayPorks!
(only if you want to)

Tap me on the shoulder and share bands with me, albums I should check out. I will. It doesn't have to be a new record, maybe an album that you think I'd enjoy that I may have missed along the way, or been ignorant towards. Whatever. Don't worry, I'll never go Pearl Jam on your band because the band you're going to show me hasn't annoyed the shit out of my life for the past 20 years. 

Here's the article Krist Novoselic tweeted in which Kurt Cobain is compared to painter Jean-Michel Basquiat. Interesting read, click here for it 

Tweet at me @JayPorks .. ask me random things, give me things to bitch about. Things to love. Let's be friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment